Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Brian's Memorial/Celebration of Life Information

A memorial and celebration of the life of Brian Hogan will be held on Monday, July 14th at 5:30pm in the afternoon. 

We ask that everyone plan accordingly that time of the day due to traffic. 

Norman P. Murray Community Center
24932 Veterans Way
Mission Viejo, CA 92692
(949)470-3062

I-5 Freeway
Exit La Paz
Head East towards Saddleback Mountain
Drive approximately 1.5 miles (past Marguerite Parkway)
Turn left on Veterans Way

A celebration reception to follow for Brian's family, friends and colleagues

Brian requested that everyone wear comfortable clothing

Suggested hotel nearby: 
Holiday Inn Laguna Hills off La Paz Road
(949)586-5000

6 comments:

Wendee said...

Anna,
I am so sad that I can't be there for you on Mon. If I were closer, nothing could keep me away.
I will be thinking of all of you and especially Brian on Monday evening, and I hope to talk to you soon.
Love You,
Wendee

mike nelson said...

I think the message that Brian showed us, is to live, work and love life to the fullist. As everyone feels, his life was short but what a great run.
His Celebration of Life was an awesome event. "Miss You Big B"

Unknown said...

Anna,
Rebecca and I were deeply touched by Big B's Celebration of Life ceremony. I feel it was a great tribute to him. I can say that I really appreaciated him when we were outside the office just doing what we do. His ceremony was correct in saying that he was a very special person and that he will be a "kick ass" guardian angel to his loved ones. Big B will be one on those people that I will definately say influenced me as a person. I will miss the "BIG DOG".

Juan & Rebecca Contreras

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

I am reading book called "On Grief and Grieving" by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross and came across this passage that I'd like to share:

"At a recent memorial service a minister told the congregation, 'You have not lost all of the things that you loved most about your loved one. They are in you. You can carry them with you for the rest of your life. Then he issued a challenge to the congregation. 'All of you gathered here,' he said, 'are friends of the widow. While all the best parts of him live on in her, many of the physical roles and tasks her husband played are now left undone. Don't call and ask what you can do. Just do it. Don't go to her house this afternoon, stay for an hour and think you've done your part. Think about how you can help her during the next year. Play a role in her grief. That will be the greatest gift you can give her."

TEAM HOGAN said...

Great passage Mandy - love Anna Hogan