Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Big B back on the Blog

All,

Well I survived my first major complications due to chemotherapy treatments and it was a lot worse than I could have ever imagined but its all part of the journey. As Anna says, it just makes you appreciate the good times that much more.

I'm finally back at home feeling pretty good again and got my first good night's sleep in a week. Today we will regroup as tomorrow I have another appointment with doctor and we will see where that takes us next. Each day brings on new challenges. I can't begin to tell you how things like fresh air, your own bed, a little privacy, not being connected to an IV machine etc... give you a since of life that is much cherished and often taken for granted.

Its a wild ride emotionally, spiritually, physically I had more different bags of liquid pumped through me than there are states in in Mexico. Bags of fluids, bags to make you pee them out, bags for nausea, bags to flush calcium, bags of iron, blood transfusions, steroids, antacids, bags to flush Potassium to name a few.  

Thank you all for your support and it is much appreciated. Contrary to what some may believe I am hardly bored and every day is a challenge and you want to stop by that is great just call me and I would love to schedule a visit. I don't need anymore books or DVD' s etc... trying keep everything organized the additional items are starting overwhelm me. If you have something you really want to show me bring it by and show me please as there is a lot more to this Cancer stuff than meets the eye. 

I wish I could say I felt like getting online everyday to let everyone know what going on but that just isn't the case. I love you all and will continue to fight with all I have. 

Enjoy all that have and don't let worrying about other things get in the way of that.

Love All,

Brian (Big B) 




9 comments:

Trish Shahbazi said...

Good morning Brian,
Life is very precious and so are our loved ones who fill our every day.
I am glad to hear that you are staying strong in your mind and spirit.
See you soon - after I get over this cold.
Love,
Trish

stephmac said...

It's so nice to know you are at home and getting some good rest.

I was just looking (again) at your wedding pictures on Anna's FB profile. What a beautiful couple you guys are! It is so apparent how much love you guys have for one another. Real love! It's pretty powerful.

Stay strong! You are always in my daily prayers :)

Love,Steph

Bigs Rules said...

Yeah Biggie
This is a great way for you to address your friends and family.

I'm looking forward toseeing you.

Love ya,

Cam

Raider Nation said...

Wise advice Big B! Glad you are home, your hat looked great in the pictures, but I gotta be honest - you looked better in the lazy boy! More relaxed with a winners grin. Every day is a new day, with new challenges, and new victories to look forward to. Not all of them will be easy, even for you, but with your determination you will overcome the hurdles you will be challenged to clear.

They were able to get a good read on where you are at and how the first rounds of treatment have gone, that will help them tailor the next round of treatments so they can be more and more supportive of your recovery process.

You have the best care at home and with quality doctors and facilities close by, it all adds up to points in your favor. Keep it up Brian, you continue to inspire all of us at


The Raider Nation

Jen said...

Yay! Glad you get to enjoy home sweet home with all its comforts and your sweet, sweet wife. Loved the pictures. Thanks for the update. Love and prayers coming your way!

Jen Yoshida

lucky said...

Hey Brian,
It is great to see your smiling face in your photos. Phil and I think about you everyday and wish you strength to fight this illness. My bother is a cancer survivor and after living with him and watching him battle it, I can really appreciate the daily blessings you mentioned in your last note. Life is a gift as well as our health.
I keep thinking of our fabulous vacation to your ranch and that massive bonfire you made for us. The stars were beautiful and I enjoyed it with great company. Stay strong and positive as you always are. I love reading your blogs and sending my prayers your way.
Love you!
XX and a big B bear hug,
Jennifer Gordon

Gramma Janie said...

Big B and Anna,

Brian, remember that getting to first base can be rough and have it's up's and down's, but we are all here to play on the Hogan team to get you to first base, whether you pop up, strike out, or bunt, you'll get there. Then Doc Barth will show you how to run those bases to win the game. I can see all the crowd cherring in the stands for you, and yes, Anna does make a cute cheerleader..so for now it's the top of the first inning, and many more innings to go before this game is won..and it will be won in style..

Speaking of winning, it seems Tiger and you will both be healing for the next 6 months, and neither one of you are easy to hold down, but that's what the doc ordered....

Missed the Lakers game last night, and it appears that Kobe did too.. so next year is just around the corner..

Love the blog, and I always enjoy Raider Nations outlook on life and concern for his buddy..he says what we all want to say, and has the humor too..Believe it, and it will come true..

Hugs, Jan

Unknown said...

Life is a blessing and you Big B are such a huge one in our lives... You have such a powerful will and you will surge all the way through this to come out a champion! Just like you handle everything else in your life... You give 110%. This blog says it all... You are such an inspiration.

Always loving,
The Moritas'

Bigs Rules said...

Wow, That is a great clip!

Check out this article that I found:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25246644/wid/11915773>1=31036

I'll call soon to see about coming by today.

Cam